Scratch 3.0: New Platform, New Features
November 28 @ 8:30 am - 3:30 pm
Cost | Free
Event Description | Scratch 3.0, which will officially be released on January 2, 2019, is the next generation of Scratch. It is designed to expand how, what, and where you can create with Scratch. It will include dozens of new sprites, a totally new sound editor, and many new programming blocks. And with Scratch 3.0, you’ll be able to create and play projects on your tablet, in addition to your laptop or desktop computer.
New blocks featured in Scratch 3.0 include:
- New “sound effect” blocks
- New operators that make it easier to work with text (strings)
- New pen blocks, including support for transparency
- New glide block to move easily to a sprite (or random point)
- Many new extensions (such as micro:bit and LEGO robotics kits)
This workshop will lead participants through new features found in Scratch 3.0, as well as provide an opportunity to collaboratively explore the platform with fellow Scratch enthusiasts.
Skill Level | Intermediate (This workshop is designed for those with a working-knowledge of Scratch. It will assume all participants have created projects using Scratch and can independently navigate the platform.)