- This event has passed.
How to Create Community Connections with Social Media
October 23, 2018 @ 8:00 am - 3:00 pm
Cost | Free
Event Description | Social media can provide so many opportunities for your educators, students and parent community, but with potential pitfalls and an ever changing technology landscape, administrators could use some guidance to get things started.
In this workshop you will:
1. Address exemplar district policies & student privacy resources
2. Discuss why you should buy-into social media for professional use
3. Discover best practices when integrating social media in your district
4. Learn how to use social media for professional development, communication and telling your story
5. Learn the mechanics of best practices for Twitter and Facebook
By the end of the workshop, you will leave with and action plan around social media use and practical ideas for integrating social media tools across your district.
Who Should Attend: Superintendents, Assistant Superintendents, Principals, Assistant Principals, Directors of Technology, Directors of Curriculum and Instruction, Exemplar Educators using social media.
**Note** this session will be highly interactive so please bring your own device.