- This event has passed.
Everyone Can Code: 2-Day Camp with Apple for Primary Teachers
October 10 @ 8:30 am - October 11 @ 3:30 pm
Cost | Free
Event Description | Learn how to bring coding into your elementary classrooms.
FOR ELEMENTARY SCHOOL (K-5) Teachers/Tech Coaches/Curriculum Specialists
Coding is an essential skill for today’s students. Learning to code is valuable because it can teach students how to solve problems and work together in creative ways.
This fun, two-day workshop is delivered by Apple Professional Learning Specialists who can help you get started teaching code using free lessons offered in the iPad apps Tynker and Swift Playgrounds.
During this two-day event, you’ll:
- Get hands-on experience with iPad and Tynker for grades K–5 and Swift Playgrounds for grades 6–8.
- Learn how to use the Everyone Can Code Teacher Guides to plan your lessons.
- Explore in-class activities and discussion prompts to help you deepen students’ understanding of the coding concepts.
- Get prepared to evaluate student work using the downloadable grading rubrics in the Teacher Guides.
Here’s more information about the Everyone Can Code free teaching and learning resources:
- Swift Playgrounds is an iPad app that makes getting started with learning coding fun and interactive. The built-in Learn to Code lessons let students explore and solve rich puzzle worlds that develop coding skills and form the foundation of their programming knowledge.
- Tynker is specifically designed for younger learners and uses visual-based coding puzzles to develop problem-solving skills, encourage persistence, and promote creativity. Students begin experimenting with visual blocks, then progress to text-based coding with Swift as they solve puzzles and build projects.
- Teacher Guides are designed to help you bring coding into the classroom—no matter what your level of coding experience. Extension activities, reflection questions, journal prompts, a grading rubric, and more are included to help you deepen students’ understanding of the material.