Digital Citizenship Strategies for K-12 Educators
March 6 @ 8:30 am - 11:30 am
Cost | Free
Event Description |
What to expect: Students have access to digital technologies at school and at home, schools are dealing with ethical and behavioral challenges such as cyberbullying, inappropriate sharing, plagiarism, and more. Participants will learn about how to teach students to think critically, behave safely, and participate responsibly in a digital world.
We will take a deep dive into the following resources:
1. K-12 Digital Citizenship Curriculum
2. News and Media Literacy Toolkit: How to Spot Fake News
3. Social and Emotional Learning Guide
5. Digital Teaching Tools and professional development resources
6. Criteria for becoming a Common Sense Recognized Educator, School and District
ACT 48 Credit Hours will be provided.
**Note** This session will be highly interactive so please bring your own device.