- This event has passed.
Digital Citizenship: A District Approach
February 14 @ 8:30 am - 11:00 am
Cost | Free
Event Description | Media and technology are at the very center of all our lives today — especially our children’s. Kids today spend over 50 hours of screen time every week. Learning how to use media and technology wisely is an essential skill for life and learning in the 21st century. In this workshop, you will learn how to build a whole community approach around digital citizenship in your district.
1. Review Common Sense Education’s free, K-12 digital citizenship curriculum, including Social and Emotional Learning Guide, Beyond Fake News: A News and Media Toolkit, and much more
2. Review Connecting Families resources and brainstorm ways the resources can be shared with parents
3. Review professional development ideas and content for educators around digital teaching
4. Design district vision for digital citizenship and build implementation plans using timelines/templates
5. Learn how your district can become a Common Sense Recognized District
Who Should Attend: We encourage you to bring a team from your district. This team can be made up of Principals, Assistant Principals, Directors of Curriculum and Instruction, K-12 Lead Teachers (media specialists, STEAM, Computers and Technology, ELA and Health and Phys. Ed)
**Note** This session will be highly interactive so please bring your own device.
Skill Level | Beginner (no previous knowledge expected or needed)