- This event has passed.
Appy Hour: Strategies for Using Technology with Early Learners (Common Sense Education)
March 20, 2018 @ 8:30 am - 11:30 am
Cost | Free
Event Description |
As Educators must sift through a sea of digital media to determine what apps, websites, and games are good for student learning. But how do you find the good stuff and integrate it into you exisiting lessons in a meaningful way?
In this workshop we will:
1. Learn about Children’s Media Use in America: Ages 0-8
2. Review Edtech ratings and reviews
3. Identify laws and compare privacy policies
4. Learn about best practices when integrating technology into a K-2 classroom
5. Develop and apply strategies, such as the SAMR Model, to your classroom lesson plans
Who should attend: K-2 educators, instructional coaches
**Note** This session will be highly interactive so please bring your own device.
ACT 48 Credit Hours will be provided.
Background | The Appy Hour series is an informal, half-day workshop that takes place each month around a content-area or instructional theme. Often teacher-led, these sessions are designed to provide participants exposure to numerous free or inexpensive mobile applications, followed by time to explore how the applications can be integrated into classroom instruction.